Sittin’ Pretty

17 Dec

Guess who learned how to sit up solo this week?

These ladies!

We’ve had our fair share of crash ‘n burns, but Kelly and Caroline can officially sit up by themselves for long stretches of time.

Kelly loves the new view.

Caroline is getting the hang of it too.

They’re also starting to rock back and forth on their hands and knees – crawling is soon to follow…

I’m already eating like a racehorse to maintain the energy to keep up with them. I think I’ll be switching to the Michael Phelps diet once they go fully mobile.

7 Responses to “Sittin’ Pretty”

1. Joyce December 17, 2011 at 8:41 AM #

They are so adorable and look so proud of themselves, as they should be! There are so many fun adventures ahead ;) Give them great big hugs for us!

2. Jenn (eating bender) December 17, 2011 at 8:48 AM #

Ah! They are so cute! I’ll echo my mom – they look so proud of themselves. I love it. Congrats, ladies!

Also, I have your new background picture for the blog saved on my phone – it’s one of my all-time favorites. Between that and the picture of Claire hiding under the covers with Curious George, they are my go-to pics to show off my nieces and, importantly, to smile any time of day.

I laughed out loud at the Michael Phelps comment. :)

• Jenn (eating bender) December 17, 2011 at 8:50 AM #

For some reason the background disappeared as soon as I posted the comment. Must have been a WordPress thing – it was the one with both their legs in the air!

• Cara (Twinthusiast) December 17, 2011 at 9:01 AM #

Thanks Jenn! Yeah, I’m messing around with the background (looked weird on my comp) and want to change my header, but since I just realized I have essentially no creative programs on my comp, I’m stuck. Better call up my tech friends :)

3. Shan December 18, 2011 at 5:54 AM #

Way to go, girls!

Good luck, Mom. Good thing you’ve already been up and running since they were born.

4. munchkrennland December 18, 2011 at 4:59 PM #

Love it! Super impressed by K-Mo and C-line. :)